Dr. Merilyn Buchanan, Interim Dean, School of Education
Follow these links to locate academic services at CI. Be your own advocate — find the academic support you need.
- Develop strong library, research and study skills
- Develop strong writing skills
- Student Writing Guide
- Writing and Mutiliteracy Center
- The Writing & Multiliteracy Center provides students with support for developing strong academic writing and communication skills, as well as developing strong study and metacognitive skills. Students learn best practices in planning, creatively engaging with, and working on various assignments involving communication skills like expository essays, oral presentations, research posters, and capstone videos.
- Graduate Writing Studio
- Student Support Services (SSS): This program serves first-gen students who are already attending CI. Unlike EOP, you can apply to be in SSS as a continuing student.
- Be your own best advocate
- Find a mentor
- Visit professors’ office hours
- Participate actively in classes
- Network with professors and peers